Nissan and Habitat for Humanity Campaign for Affordable Housing
Nissan and Habitat for Humanity Campaign for Affordable Housing*
Obtaining access to affordable housing is a large problem for many U.S. families. So Nissan and Habitat for Humanity are doing something about it with the #HomeIsTheKey social media campaign. It’s as simple as sharing a hashtag. Will you help us?
What is the #HomeIsTheKey Social Media Campaign?
The Nissan Motor Co. will donate $5 for every time #HomeIsTheKey is shared on social media, up to $250,000.
Please share #HomeIsTheKey on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Some Stats on The Affordable Housing Crisis
- Families who put over 30% of their income toward housing are considered cost burdened.
- Families who meet the above description may have difficulty affording necessities such as food, clothing, transportation and medical care.
- An estimated 12 million renters/homeowner households now pay more than 50% of their annual incomes for housing.
- A family with one full-time worker earning minimum wage can’t afford the local fair-market rent for a two-bedroom apartment anywhere in the United States.
- The problem of affordable housing access has become so great in Seattle that companies like Microsoft have vowed to get involved in a solution.
(Sources: HUD.gov and Seattletimes.com)
What is Habitat for Humanity Seattle?
Did you know that there was a Habitat for Humanity in Seattle-King County?
The organization “constructs affordable homes, repairs homes for low-income people and seniors,
operates discount home improvement stores in Auburn, Bellevue, and Southcenter, and mobilizes more than
4,300 volunteers a year,” per their official website.
Rairdon Nissan of Auburn Hearts Affordable Housing
Rairdon Nissan of Auburn supports the Nissan Motor Co. and Habitat for Humanity’s campaign for affordable housing. We encourage you to share the #HomeIsTheKey hashtag on social media!
*Note that Rairdon Nissan of Auburn is not an official sponsor of the Nissan and Habitat for Humanity Campaign. For more information, visit https://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/nissan-and-habitat-for-humanity-partner-for-annual-home-is-the-key-campaign-in-support-of-affordable-housing