A Look at the 2018 Nissan Armada
2018 Nissan Armada
In 2017, Nissan introduced the first updates to the Nissan Armada in 13 years. Critics gave the Nissan Armada a lot of flak for the second generation model feeling like a clone of the Infinity QX80, but all that is about to change in 2018. The 2018 Nissan Armada will offer more standard features than any SUV in its class and a suite of available safety and security features. The new 2018 Nissan Armada is one of the best full-size SUVs on the market with a standard 5.6-Liter V8 and an impressive towing capacity of 8,500lbs. The 2018 Nissan Armada is the perfect fullsize family adventure vehicle with seating for 8 and enough power to tow any of your toys.
The 2018 Nissan Armada will offer more standard features than ever before. NissanConnect Services, 8-inch multi-touch display, HD Radio, SiriusXM Travel Link, Enhanced Voice Recognition, Hands-Free Text Messaging Assistant, and USB ports will be available on all trim levels for the Nissan Armada. The Armada Platinum and Platinum Reserve models will come standard with Nissan’s innovative Intelligent Rear View Mirror. For the first time on any Nissan, the Nissan Armada will utilize a rearview camera and an LCD monitor built into the rearview mirror. The LCD monitor will give the driver a high-resolution image with a wider field of view than traditional rearview mirror. The intelligent rear view mirror allows for a clear field of view unobstructed by interior headrests or over-sized cargo. Drivers will have the option to turn this feature off reverting their LCD monitor to a traditional rearview mirror.
The body style for 2018 remains similar to the 2017 Nissan Armada. These second generation Nissan Armadas can trace its design concept back to the extremely popular Nissan Patrol that was never released in America. The new Nissan Armada embodies all the rugged durability that the Nissan Patrol was known for with key features that make it unique for North American owners.
Exterior features include
- The front fenders are equipped with functional air intake vents.
- Chrome-plated electro-chromic anti-dazzle side mirrors with memory
- body color front and rear bumpers
- black color grille with chrome trim accent
- chrome trim accent side window moldings
- chrome door handles
- privacy glass
- dark-painted overfenders and side step rails
- dark-painted roof rails
- front and rear parking sensors
- Available rain-sensing front windshield wipers
- Available front wiper de-icer.
- Heat and puddle lamps (Standard on SL, Platinum and Platinum Reserve)
- Liftgate auto-closure feature and available power function (standard on SL, Platinum and Platinum Reserve, optional on SV).
- Dark Chrome front grille, door handles, outside mirrors and 20-inch Dark Chrome wheels (Platinum Reserve Trim)
Seven exterior colors are available: Hermosa Blue, Mocha Almond, Forged Copper, Gun Metallic, Super Black, Brilliant Silver and premium, three-coat Pearl White.
Seating for Eight
With room for 8, the new 2018 Nissan Armada offers 40-inches of 2nd row headroom and 41-inches of legroom. Cargo capacity in the Nissan Armada can be increased with the power folding 2nd and 3rd row seating. The power folding seats fold flat into the floor providing additional cargo flexibility. Second row Captain’s Chairs are options on the SL, Platinum and Platinum Reserve trims. The Second row Captain’s Chairs reduce the passenger capacity to 7 but offer a lot of flexability for seating adults, or installing car seats.
Interior features include:
- Heated front seats
- Climate-controlled (heating and cooling)
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated 2nd row seats (Standard on Platinum and Platinum Reserve models)
- Premium cloth seating (Standard on SV)
- Leather-appointed seating (Standard on SL, Platinum and Platinum Reserve)
- Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control
- 2nd row “curtain” vent to distribute cool air to every seat.
- Acoustic glass windshield
- Acoustic front-side windows
- Standard Bose audio system
- Standard Nissan Navigation System
- NavTraffic Real-Time Traffic Information
- NissanConnect Services Powered by SiriusXM
- 0-inch multi-touch display
- SiriusXM Travel Link with three years of trial access
- Enhanced Voice Recognition
- Hands-Free Text Messaging Assistant.
- 12-volt power outlets
- 9 cup holders 4 bottle holders
The Armada Platinum and Platinum Reserve models will offer substantial interior upgrades. Standard on Armada Platinum and Platinum Reserve will be a DVD Family Entertainment System, USB and HDMI ports, VTR jacks, and two wireless headphones with remote controller.
A Powerful 5.6-liter V8 Engine
Armada’s advanced Endurance® 5.6-liter V8 offers best-in-class1 390 horsepower at 5,200 rpm, thanks in part to a number of advanced technologies aimed at achieving improved engine performance and greater fuel economy (versus the previous generation 5.6-liter V8). Torque is rated at 394 lb-ft at 4,000 rpm.
As part of its adventure-ready spirit, Armada offers a standard towing capacity1 of 8,500 pounds for both 4WD and 2WD models (when properly equipped). Armada meets the current J2807 towing certification standard.
Armada’s durable independent double-wishbone front and rear suspension provides smooth ride comfort and responsive handling for both on-road and off-road driving. The front stabilizer bar is 36 mm in diameter, while the rear measures 26.5 mm. Twin-tube shock absorbers are featured on each corner.
A Flagship Level of Safety, Security Features
Another way Armada stands out from other full-size SUVs in its segment is its extensive suite of available advanced safety and security systems.
Safety Features Include:
- Intelligent Forward Collision Warning (I-FCW)
- Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC)
- Intelligent Distance Control (I-DC)
- Available Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Intelligent Lane Intervention (I-LI)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
- Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention (I-BSI)
- RearView Monitor
- Intelligent Around View Monitor (I-AVM)
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS)
- Roof-mounted curtain supplemental air bags
- Rollover sensor for side-impact and rollover head protection
- Front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- Front seat Active Head Restraints.
- 3-point seat belts for all rear seat occupants, including center position
- child seat anchor system
- child safety rear door locks
- Zone Body construction with front and rear crumple zones