How to Connect an iPhone 6 to a 2017 Nissan Armada
If you’re planning to get the brand new 2017 Nissan Armada, you’ll want to take advantage of all the features available. One of the best things you can do as soon as you get your new vehicle is pair your iPhone 6 to the car. This allows you to make and receive calls hands-free as well as connect a number of apps to your car’s entertainment system.
Things to Know
Before you connect your iPhone 6 with your new Armada, there are a few things you should know about the system and its connectivity. As of right now, it is unclear whether the car will feature NissanConnect or just offer basic Bluetooth connection. Either way, it’s important to keep in mind that your iPhone needs to be connected to the car via USB when you’re using your hands-free connection. This requirement is simply because iOS doesn’t support everything available via Bluetooth.
You can connect multiple devices to your vehicle, but the connections are prioritized in the order in which they are paired. In addition, if there are multiple devices connected, the data usage is prioritized by which device was most recently connected.
If the vehicle features NissanConnect, you should know the system uses your phone’s data plan to connect to the apps and services you use. Make sure to keep an eye on your data, if you get close to your limit.
Pairing Your Phone
Connect your iPhone 6 to your Armada with just a few simple steps. Make sure that the car is parked before you try to connect your phone.
- Turn on your car, and from your phone’s home screen choose Settings. Select Bluetooth.
- Locate the toggle for Bluetooth. Move the toggle to the right. It will turn green, indicating that your iPhone’s Bluetooth is on.
- On the touchscreen in your Armada, press Settings. Select Bluetooth or Phone. Select Connect.
- The phone and car should now be able to identify one another. On your phone you should see the car under Devices.
- Click on your car’s name in the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
- You will see a code on both the touchscreen in the car and on your iPhone. Make sure that the code is the same. If the code is the same, accept the connection on your iPhone 6.
- Select Yes on the vehicle touch screen.
Once your iPhone 6 and your Nissan Armada are paired, you’ll be able to make and receive calls hands-free. The Platinum model allows for streaming audio, which lets you listen to your music easily on the go, through your vehicle’s speakers.
Pairing an Older Armada
While the 2017 Nissan Armada is not yet available, it’s expected to release this summer. If you’re in the market for an Armada today and simply can’t wait, consider the 2015 Nissan Armada. Pairing your iPhone 6 and the 2015 Nissan Armada is simple—just following the same steps as above.
Make your drive safer by going hands-free with your iPhone 6 and the Nissan Armada.
Image via Pixabay