2016 Nissan Titan brand new engine specs to deliver remarkable performance
The 2016 Titan’s brand new Cummins engine is kind of a big deal, and we want you to know why. In addition to its impressive capabilities, drivers will be able to enjoy a wide array of perks that improve upon previous models’ powertrains. Needless to say, if you’re not already excited about the new Nissan Titan lineup, you will be soon.
2016 Nissan Titan powertrain capabilities
The Titan’s all-new Cummins five-liter V8 Turbo Diesel engine delivers massive performance. With 310 horsepower and 555 lb-ft torque, there isn’t much the 2016 Titan cannot do. Plus, the engine’s improvements allow for better fuel economy than gasoline-powered pickup trucks.
Read more: Detailed information about the 2016 Titan
What does the all-new Cummins engine have to offer?
The 2016 Nissan Titan’s brand new engine offers multiple enhancements, each of which contribute to the truck’s refined performance, comfort, efficiency, and control. These include:
- Holset M2 two-stage turbo charger for improved acceleration and no more turbo lag
- Compacted graphite iron (CGI) cylinder block for a stronger, lighter design than regular iron
- Precise and refined Dual Overhead Cams (DOHC) for enhanced performance
- Less engine noise, due to the new CGI cylinder block and DOHC
- Bosch ceramic glow plugs for a quick engine start even in extremely cold temperatures
- Bosch High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) fuel system for added efficiency and precision
- Engine particulate filter and selective catalytic reduction for cleaner powertrain performance
If that doesn’t get you excited for the 2016 Nissan Titan’s all-new Cummins engine, we’re not sure what will. Maybe you just need to get behind the wheel and experience the brand new truck’s impressive performance for yourself! Stay tuned for addition information about the 2016 Titan and its upcoming arrival to Rairdon’s Nissan of Auburn this fall.